WELCOME CHRIS KOCH!
Dorothy Dalgliesh School and the PSBSPB is honored and excited to welcome inspirational speaker, Chris Koch!
Mr. Koch will be presenting in the DDS gym on:
- Thursday, September 21
- 9:00-10:00 am for grades 4-6
- 10:45-11:15 am for grades K-3
While Mr. Koch has presented worldwide, and even been on the Oprah Winfrey Show, his roots are humble. Mr. Koch was born in Lethbridge and raised on a farm in Nanton.
While born with no arms or legs, his family refused to treat him with any pity or sympathy – they treated his disability by making the best of it. “After all,” Chris says, “I still have a good head on my shoulders.”
His message is based on his philosophy of “If I Can…” He speaks to not letting obstacles or limitations stand in his way, and how important it is to challenge yourself. Simply put, he says, “If I can do the things I have done so far in my life, what is stopping anyone else from doing the same?”
A HUGE thank you to the Public Schools Betterment Society of Picture Butte for sponsoring a large part of Mr. Koch’s costs.
Grade 6 Awards
Posted on June 29th, 2016
Three Grade 6 students were recognized for their accomplishments at the Grade 6 farewell on Tuesday, June 28, 2016.
Dakota Ylioja received the Library Citizenship Award presented by Mrs. Elaine King. Dakota best exemplified the following criteria for this award:
- Demonstrates leadership within the school community
- Works hard to enhance the overall atmosphere of the school
- Demonstrates a passion for reading and/or literacy
- Shows maturity and responsibility in his/her decision making
- Displays exemplary behaviour and conduct towards students and teacher
Cassandra Mack received the Academic Award presented by Ms. Rogerson and Mr. Van Dyk. Cassandra met the following criteria:
- The student will achieve excellent academic scores in all four core subjects.
- The student will couple excellent achievement with a strong work ethic.
- The student will participate in the grade six leadership program, and will be a difference maker at Dorothy Dalgliesh School.
Logan Hillaby received the Most Improved/Leadership Award presented by Ms. Rogerson and Mr. Van Dyk. Logan met the following criteria:
- The student will show exceptional growth in one or all of the following areas: academic, social, emotional, leadership and/or volunteerism.
- The student will contribute to the overall health of Dorothy Dalgliesh School (including its’ goal of being a safe and caring environment for everyone).
- The student will be a participant in the grade six leadership program, and will be a difference maker at Dorothy Dalgliesh School.